Universal Robots Australia – The World’s No.1 Collaborative Robot
Universal Robots are the leader in the collaborative robot industry. Along with easy to program software to give users the ability to integrate them into current manufacturing or production processes seamlessly. They are highly collaborative, meaning the robots can work right alongside people without any additional safeguarding (subject to a risk assessment) and are extremely versatile. Find out why our Cobots are the robotic leader in the market & how they can help improve your efficiency & output in your industry.
This emerging and exciting new technology of collaborative robots is making big advancements in todays automated industries, with limitless capabilities and a fast payback rate, collaborative robots are the next step to streamline your operations.
Universal Robots come in 3 sizes, the UR3, UR5, and UR10 which are all ideal for different applications.
- The Universal Robot UR3
Is the smallest member of the UR family with a weight of only 11kg and a payload of 3kg it has a very flexible deployment for several different table top tasks such as: pick and place, light assembly tasks and jobs that require precision accuracy. With +/- 360-degrees of rotation on all joints (infinite rotation on the tool face), making the UR3 is the most flexible and versatile light weight robot on the market.
- The Universal Robot UR5
Is the slightly bigger brother to the UR3, with a larger payload of 5kg but still very light at 18.4kg. It is designed for repetitive pick and place, assembly and machine tending applications. The longer reach of 850mm gives the UR5 the ability to do more than the UR3 whilst utilising the precise accuracy of 0.1mm, which is standard on all 3 models.
- The Universal Robot UR10
Is the largest robot that UR manufactures. With a reach of 1300mm and a payload of 10kg, this robot is ideal for palletising, packaging, assembly, pick and place, ect. Still quite light with a weight of 29.8kg the UR10 also requires no safety fencing (subject to a risk assessment). Like every robot in the UR range, it comes standard with force detection on all joints,making it the safest collaborative robot on the market.
Mobile Automation is an Australian Tier 1 Distributer and Certified System Integrator for Universal Robots.
ø 128 mm
ø 149 mm
ø 190 mm
ISO Class Cleanroom
Universal Robots-The Future Of Production.
The increased need for efficiency and accuracy in production units calls for a lot of automation in these processes. Human efforts are intelligent but susceptible to errors and wastage which leads to losses or at times compromises to the overall output of the production processes. A better alternative to these issues encountered when people work along the production lines is the integration of Universal robots. These programmed robots are better and offer more accuracy. Read below and find out more about them.
- What Are Universal Robots?
Universal robots are simply the future of automation and lead in the transformation of businesses worldwide. They are a new generation of collaborative robots that can be integrated along your production line. They offer flexible arms that help accomplish tasks along your production line according to the way you program them. They offer a great deal of flexibility as owners can teach them to perform different tasks as schedules change.The available robots include the collaborative UR3, UR5, and UR10 robot arms. They are named differently due to their different payload in kilograms with the number on their name indicating the payload. These user-friendly robots are available in over fifty countries all over the world and their relatively low cost, and high ROI makes them perfect for small manufacturers.
The software and hardware components of these cobots are well designed to make them very simple to operate.
- What Are the Ranges?
It has been mentioned that they are available in the UR3, UR5, and UR10 according to the different payloads. All of them have six axes, and all the joints can revolve twice. The UR3 has a 3-kilogram payload and can reach up to a distance of 50 centimeters. The UR5 has a 5-kilogram payload and a reach of 85 cm. The largest one, the UR10 has a payload of 10 kilograms and a reach of 130 centimeters.
These cobots have a broad range of applications and can do virtually anything within their ability. They can pick, place, tend machines, spray paint, weld and assemble parts among others. They are perfectly recommended for repetitive and wearisome tasks as they are not prone to repetitive strain injury. They have been programmed to high levels of precision with the margin of error being a tenth of a millimeter.
- How Can They Improve The Production Process?
It is hard to have a seamless manufacturing process as inaccuracies, repetitive strain injuries, fatigue and errors all compromise the perfection. While you cannot have an ideal situation, you could get close to that by integrating the collaborative universal robots and say goodbye to some of these compromises. Here is how the UR’s can improve your production process;
- Flexibility – With the ever changing production trends, it is vital to be flexible and adjust accordingly to these changes. The universal robots offer this desired flexibility as they can do virtually anything you want. All you are required to do is to teach them, and they start executing the task until you stop them. They are a great investment and can be used to do different things now and then.
- Simple Set Up – The previous automation options had the disadvantage of being complicated and requiring experts to set them up. This is a huge downfall as some production processes are time sensitive and a few minutes wasted could lead to massive losses. Looking at the cobots, you only need a maximum period of one hour to unpack, mount and train them to start executing some simple tasks even for unskilled operators.
They are simple to teach, and people with no programming knowledge can quickly set them to perform tasks thanks to the clear 3D visualization interface.
- Collaborative and Safe – This is an appealing feature of these cobots. They can work alongside people effectively with no safety precautions needed.
- Accuracy and Efficiency – Human efforts are good, but at times, they get compromised due to fatigue which in turn leads to errors and wastages. Cobots are designed with a very small margin of error and do not suffer from fatigue from executing repeated tasks for long hours. They are very accurate and efficient, things that are very beneficial to any production process.
- Affordable – Universal Robots cost vary depending on the size, application & attachments required however an average investment of around $24,000, the ROI is very significant compared to the expenses, and it only takes about 195 days to recover that amount of money. After that, the cobot will be generating profit.
- The Universal Robots Difference.
The traditional robots were very bulky and dangerous to work alongside them. These features meant that they had to be attached to the ground and install costly safety features to protect the people working around them. Aside from that, they needed experts to program them and enable them to accomplish a particular set of tasks. This made them a costly venture as all the experts and safety mechanisms cost some significant amount of money.These industrial robots were programmed to accomplish a single task, and you had to call an expert to program them again to complete another task. With the mentioned features, it was very costly and inconvenient to integrate a robot that only plays a limited role in your production process.The collaborative robots have covered all the downsides of the traditional robots. The cobots do not require any programming knowledge to teach them how to execute a set of tasks. All the operator has to do is to direct the robot arm in the desired direction, and the arm will follow suit with a precision rating of 0.1mm. The robot will copy the movement and get to work just like that. They are designed using smart technologies that integrate sensors that can detect people in their way and avoid collisions. This illustrates the collaborative nature of these cobots as they are intelligent and not just a bunch of devices attached to repeat actions without monitoring the possible changes and interferences in their immediate vicinity.
The benefits of the UR collaborative robots have been highlighted, and they are a great option for medium and small manufacturers.